This experimental recipe adds to the list of varieties of patty. One can have patty with burger, as a meal by itself etc. I have tasted anjeer in sweets but never tasted it in snacks. I like the flavour of anjeer and wondered how it would taste in a patty. To make it more interesting, I added some cheese. To avoid too much of potato taste, I used some chole.
- Boiled and mashed potato – one cup
- Boiled and mashed chole / chick pea – half cup (make sure to drain all the water before using)
- Anjeer paste / fig – four tbsp
- Ginger and green chilli paste – one tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Rice flour – two tbsp
- Roasted jeera powder – half tsp
- Bread crumbs – one-fourth cup
- Oil – three tbsp
Ingredients to make filling
- Cheese – five tbsp
- Chopped coriander leaves – three tbsp
- Chopped cashews – three tbsp
Mix above ingredients and keep it aside.
Procedure to make patties
In a bowl add mashed potatoes, chole, anjeer paste, ginger and green chilli paste, salt, rice flour and jeera powder. Mix well. Divide the mixture into five portions. Keep in the refrigerator for 15 mins.
Take one portion and flatten it. Place a spoon full of cheese mixture in middle and fold all the edges so that mixture does not come out. Roll the ball in bread crumbs and slightly flatten and make round shape.
In a pan, add three tblsp of oil, fry them in low to medium flame until they are golden brown on both sides. Serve hot with onions and lime…..
Serves two to three