I ♥ My DAD
Dad is a kid’s first superhero. Thoughts of care, courage, encouragement, teacher, cool tricks, protect, discipline, bear hugs, piggy back rides, friend pop up when thinking about Dad.
Bring the flavours of Indian street food into your dining with this recipe. This is a popular chaat available on the streets in India. This recipe is simple enough to involve kids in the preparation. Its a good Father’s day gift ! Kids love doing the measurements and mixing and creating the gift for father.
- Raw peanuts / verusenaga – half cup
- Chickpea / kala chana / chanigalu – half cup
- Finely chopped onions – one-fourth cup
- Salt – to taste
- Chaat masala powder – one tsp
- Lime juice – two tsp
- Red chilli powder – one-fourth tsp
- Chopped coriander – three tblsp
Soak raw peanuts and chickpea in water for six hours. Boil them in pressure cooker up to three whistles ( add salt while boiling). Once the pressure is realised, remove from cooker and drain the water. Transfer them into a bowl and add red chilli powder, chat masala, lime juice and coriander. Mix well. Ready to serve…..
15 to 20 mins