Besan chilla is a winter comfort food and healthy snack. It’s a painless recipe and is popular dish in west/north India. You just need to mix the ingredients and pour the dosa instead of waiting for fermentation. This single dish has lots of nutrients. Good for breakfast or evening snack. You can add more veggies as per your taste. My family liked the combination that I used here. My daughter called it a veggie-pancake and enjoyed it very much. It tastes best when served hot.
- Chick pea flour / besan – one cup
- Yellow corn flour – three tblsp
- Finely chopped cabbage – one cup
- Finely chopped spring onions – half cup
- Finely chopped spinach – half cup
- Finely chopped green chilly – half tsp
- Coriander leaves – few
- Cumin seeds / jeera – one tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Vammu / ajwain – a pinch
- Red chilli powder – one-fourth tsp
- Chat masala – one-fourth tsp
- Oil – to smear on dosa
In a bowl add all the ingredients expect oil and mix. Use water to make batter of pouring consistency (not too watery and not too thick). Mix well to avoid lumps in the batter.
Heat a pan, drizzle little oil, pour a ladle full of batter and spread it evenly.
Flip the dosa , once you see light brown edges, smear little oil. Cook the other side until you see golden spots on top (cook on low to medium flame).
Ready to serve with green chutney.
15 to 20 mins