One more day of Navratri festivities. Today Gayatri devi is worshipped. She is the source of vedas. Gayatri mantra is one of the most revered mantras in Hindu religion.
Today’s naivedyam is – peach shrikhand. In some regions of India, people fast during Navratri. Shrikhand is an excellent option for such times.
- Hung yogurt / strained yogurt – two cups
- Peach puree – half cup
- Chopped peach – one-fourth cup
- Powdered sugar – to taste
- chopped badam / almonds – three tblsp
- Pomegranate seeds – four tblsp
In a bowl, add yogurt, peach puree and sugar. Mix until sugar dissolves in yogurt. Add chopped peaches and mix it. When serving, add few chopped almonds and pomegranate seeds on top. Ready to eat yummy dessert….
15 to 20 mins