- Dry roasted groundnuts – one-fourth cup
- Dry roasted sesame seeds – 4 tblsp
- Dry roasted dry coconut – 2 tblsp
- Dry roasted coriander seeds – 1 tsp
- Dry roasted jeera – 1 tsp
- Chopped onions – one-fourth cup
- Turmeric powder – big pinch
- Tamarind – 3 to 4 tblsp (freshly squeezed, not store-bought which is concentrated)
- Salt – to taste
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Jaggery – half tsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Pakora/Bajji chillis – 5 (these shouldn’t be spicy, remove seeds and slit them)
- Oil – 3 tsp
- Mustard seeds – one-fourth tsp
Make a fine paste with groundnuts, jeera, sesame, coconut, coriander seeds, turmeric powder, tamarind paste, red chilli powder and jaggery.
In pan with oil on medium flame, splutter mustard seeds. Add ginger garlic paste and onions. Fry until onions are translucent (approximately 2 mins). Add the split chillis and fry them until they start changing color a little bit. Then add the fine paste and salt. Cover the mixture and let it cook for 5 – 10 mins.
Garnish with coriander and serve hot with biryani/roti/jeera rice etc.
Serves 2 to 3 people
30 to 40 mins