♥♥ Celebrate New Year with this lovely cake ♥♥
- All-purpose flour – one cup
- Baking powder – half tsp
- Salt – one-fourth tsp
- Cinnamon powder – half tsp
- Baking soda – one-fourth tsp
- Sugar – half cup
- Oil – half cup
- Dried cranberry – one-fourth cup
- Walnuts – one-fourth cup
- Milk – on-fourth cup and two tblsp
- Grated carrot – one-fourth cup
- Grated zucchini – one-fourth cup
- Vanilla essence – one tsp
- Butter – one tsp
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate with different shapes
- Orange fruit
Preheat the oven to 350 degree. Grease the mini cup cake tray and baking pan with butter.
In a small bowl add cranberry. Soak them in a water and microwave for 40 seconds. Now drain them. In a mixer add soaked cranberry and milk. Make a paste. Transfer in a bowl. Keep it aside.
In another bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, cranberry paste, grated carrot, zucchini and vanilla essence. Fold the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon, until flour absorbs everything. Now add walnuts to the batter and mix. (Tip: to ensure the nuts don’t settle at the bottom of the cake, toss the nuts in one tsp flour and then add it to the batter)
Divide the batter into equal portions. One portion in mini cup cake tray and the other portion in cake pan.
Tap the pan to get rid of air bubbles and ensure even baking.
Put in preheated oven and bake for 30 to 40 mins. Tip : Insert a toothpick into the cake and if comes out clean then the cake is ready
Cool the cake. Decorate with whipped cream, chocolate and orange.
Serves three to four
- Posted the recipe to http://nivedhanams.blogspot.in/2012/11/lets-party-eggless-bakes-and-treats.html