- Dates – half cup
- Milk – three-fourth cup ( i used 2./. milk)
- Sugar – half cup
- Vegetable/sunflower oil – three-fourth cup
- All purpose flour – three-fourth cup
- Baking powder – one tsp
- Chopped walnuts – five tblsp
- Chopped almonds – five tblsp
- Butter – half tsp
Pre heat the oven to 320 F. Grease the baking bowl with butter and dust with little flour. Keep it aside.
In a mixer jar add dates, milk and sugar. Make a puree. Transfer to another bowl, to this add oil, flour, baking powder, few chopped walnut, almonds. Fold with the help of spatula. Now pour into the greased baking bowl. Mix rest of the nuts with approx one-fourth tsp of flour and sprinkle them onto the cake batter.
Put in an oven and bake for 30 to 40 mins. A tip: Insert a toothpick into the cake and if it comes out clean then the cake is ready.
Serves three to four
This recipe has been entered into the following contest.