- Boiled and mashed potato – one and half cup
- Boiled and crushed fresh green peas – three-fourth cup
- Coriander leaves – four tblsp
- Red chilli powder – half tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Finely chopped onion – five tblsp
- Jeera seeds – half tsp
- Ajwain – one-fourth tsp
- Crushed cashwenuts – one tblsp
- Lime juice – one tsp
- Oil – to fry tikki
- Rice flour – five tsp
In a bowl add mashed potato, ajwain, salt and rice flour (five tsp). Mix well and make dough. Keep it aside. In a pan add one tsp oil, jeera seeds, crushed green peas, red chilli powder, crushed cashewnuts, onions, salt and mix well. Fry it until it becomes dry. Turn off the heat, add lime juice and coriander leaves. Mix well.
Apply oil to your palm, take a small portion of aloo and flatten it. Place a small portion of green peas mixture in the center. Fold all the edges finely, so that green peas mixture does not come out. Slightly flatten and make round shape. In a pan, add three tblsp of oil, fry tikki in low to medium flame until it is golden brown on both sides. Serve hot with green chutney…..
Serves two to three