- Grated radish – one cup
- Chopped spring onions – one cup
- Wheat flour – two cups
- Salt – to taste
- Red chilli powder – one-fourth tsp
- Crushed Jeera seeds – one-fourth tsp
- Crushed Fennel seeds – one-fourth tsp
- Oil – to pan fry parathas
- Coriander leaves – three tblsp
- Curry leaves – two tblsp
- Water – around one-third cup
In a bowl add salt and grated radish. Keep it aside for 10mins. Then squeeze out all the water. Then add spring onions, salt, red chilli powder, crushed jeera seeds, crushed fennel seeds, coriander leaves, curry leaves and wheat flour. Mix well. Make a dough by adding little water at a time. Smear the dough with little oil and knead it again.
|Radish and spring onion paratha dough|
Make rounds (even, lemon sized) and roll it using rolling pin. Use wheat flour for dusting. Lay the paratha in a hot pan. Once you see bubbles on the surface, flip it over and wait for bubbles on this side. Smear little oil and flip. Fry until you see golden bubbles. Repeat the same thing to the other side of the paratha. You should see golden bubbles on both sides of paratha. Serve paratha with raitha.
Makes ten parathas.
15 to 20 mins