- Black eyed beans – two cups
- Green chilli paste – two tblsp
- White seaseme seeds – one tblsp
- Jeera seeds – one tblsp
- Chopped curry leaves – two tblsp
- Chopped coriander leaves – four tblsp
- Finely chopped onions – one-third cup
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – for deep fry
Soak the beans in water for 4-5 hours. Drain the water and grind them in mixie (if required add 1 tblsp of water at a time. Make sure not to add more water).
Collect these grinded beans into a bowl, add chopped onions, green chilli paste, jeera seeds, coriander leaves, curry leaves, seaseme seeds and salt. Mix well. Add oil (for deep fry) in a pan. Oil should be hot but not too hot. To make vadas out of this mixture, follow the procedure shown in this video.
Deep fry them until vadas are golden brown.
Serves four-five people.