- Pulihora powder – two tblsp (the recipe for pulihora powder is available on this website)
- Tamarind – lime size ( soak and squeeze it)
- Oil – five tblsp
- Ground nuts – two tblsp
- Urad daal – half tblsp
- Chana daal – half tblsp
- Mustard seeds – one-fourth tblsp
- Jeera seeds – one-fourth tblsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Salt – taste
- Cooked rice – two cups
- Tamarind powder – pinch
- Asafoetida – pinch
- green chilli – two ( cut length wise)
- Jaggery – one-fourth tblsp
- Red chilli – one
In a pan prepare tadka with oil, urad daal, chana daal, mustard seeds, jeera seeds, asafoetida, red chilli and curry leaves. Add ground nuts, green chillis, tamarind powder, tamarind pulp, pulihora powder and jaggery. Cover it and cook until oil comes to the top. It will turn into a thick paste.
Add this paste and salt to cooked rice, mix well.
15 to 20 mins
Note-1: The pulihora paste (without rice) prepared above, if refrigerated, can be re-used for 1 week.