- Chopped ginger – two tblsp
- Urad daal – one-fourth cup
- Chana daal – four tblsp
- Red chillis – three
- Salt – to taste
- Grated jaggery – half tblsp
- Tamarind – two inches
- Oil – two tblsp
- Dry coconut powder – two tblsp
- Urad daal – one-fourth tblsp
- Jeera seeds – one-fourth tblsp
- Mustard seeds – one-fourth tblsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Asafoetida – pinch
In a pan add one tblsp oil, then roast urad daal, chana daal, red chillis, ginger and dry coconut one by one. After these cool down, add them to a mixer jar. Add salt, tamarind and jaggery also to the mixer jar. Grind them into a fine powder. Then add required quantity of water to make chutney.
Prepare tadka with oil, urad dal, mustard seeds, jeera seeds, asafoetida and curry leaves. Add tadka to chutney. Serve with dosa or idly.
Serves three to four.
Stays good for two days if you refrigerate.