- Puffed rice – ten cups
- Chopped onions – half cup
- Chopped tomato – one-third cup
- Chopped green chillis – four
- Dalia split powder – two tblsp
- Turmeric – one-fourth tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Fresh green peas – one-third cup
- Fresh grated coconut – two tblsp
- Lime juice – two tblsp
- Oil – three tblsp
- Urad daal – one-fourth tblsp
- Jeera seeds – one-fourth tblsp
- Mustard seeds – one-fourth tblsp
- Currey leaves – few
- Coriander leaves – few
Soak puffed rice for 15-20 mins (until they are soft).
Squeeze the water out of soaked puffed rice and keep the rice aside in a bowl. Add turmeric powder, salt, lime juice, coconut and dalia split powder to the bowl and mix. Prepare tadka with urad daal, mustard seeds, jeera seeds and oil in a pan. Add chopped onions, tomatoes, green peas and green chillis to the pan and fry them till everything seems cooked. Now add puffed rice, coriander leaves and curry leaves. Mix it well, cover the pan and leave it for 5 mins. Serve it hot.
Serves two to three.